What’s better than come back from holiday and find a surprise? What better surprise to have win the Hay Hay Donna Day #33? Even if, I should be trasparent about that, I won thanks to holidays given that nobody else partecipate to it, I’m happy. Also because I was able to test my natural yeast in this Donna Hay’s recipe.
Happy and ready to launch the HHDD #34. I’ve chosen a ideal and very quick recipe for the summer. I thought to all friends still on holiday (lucky you) or that are back in cities but still with few motivations to cook.
Why not do a Papaya and Prosciutto Salad? I find that the idea is really yummy and modern, it goes over the classical Melon and Prosciutto. Furthermore, I hope that the fantasy of bloggers friend will be able to work creatively on the way to present that easy dish.
Here are the rules to partecipate to a Hay Hay Donna Day:
- Hay Hay it’s Donna Day is open to all food and wine bloggers.
- Entries submitted for HHDD must be made specifically for the current round of this event, although photos may be submitted to photo competitions such as “Does My Blog Look Good In This.”
- The host will select, make and post an original Donna Hay recipe without any changes. It can be either sweet or savory. Participants may make that exact same recipe as is, or put their own spin on the same recipe by altering an ingredient or two, while remaining within the theme.
- Entrants must include a link to the host (https://machetiseimangiato.com) and the facilitator (the wonderful Chez US– www.chezus.com) in their entry post.
- Entries can be made at any time once the event has been announced, but must be posted and emailed to the me by the closing date, the end of the month. Closing date: 31th August !!! But given my delay in posting the HHDD, I accept late entries till the 3rd of September
- The host then assembles all the entries together into a roundup (posted before the 5th of the month), from where the participants of the round vote to elect a new host for the following event (voting must be done before the 10th of the month).
- It’s a monthly based event, with an announcement of the new theme on the 15th of the month via Twitter (sorry for this time, I launch it late due to holidays and guests). Be sure to follow HHDD.
- With your entry please include the following:
- The Name & URL of your blog
- Your Name
- Your Location
- Name of your recipe
- The URL or the permalink to your entry.
- A photo of your recipe if you have. You do not have to re-size it, but it should be less than 1MB.
Twitter: Follow HHDD on Twitter to keep up to date with all the latest. Twitter the event using #HHDD
HHDD Food Porn: Please join the HHDD Flick group and submit your delicious entries (FYI, Donna is checking it out).
After the rules, the recipe:
Papaya and Prosciutto Salad
Ingredients for 6
½ cup (125ml) white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
1 papaya, peeled and cut into 6 slices
6 slices prosciutto
½ cup mint leaves
Place the vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 6–8 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
Wrap the papaya with the prosciutto and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the mint and spoon over the vinegar syrup to serve.